It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:54 am

Headlights won't go up or down? 
Granny Driver

Post Headlights won't go up or down?
Hey Guys!

Well it seems as if my Headlamps wont go up or down for some reason the motor is warm, but it still doesnt do anything? Anyone know if it could be the motor or the relay?

Thanks! :driving:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 pm
Webmaster

Post Re: Headlights won't go up or down?
Did you try and manually move them using the twist wheel under the rubber cover yet? It may be stuck. Warm motor sounds like it's getting power so it doesn't sound like a relay.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Did you try and manually move them using the twist wheel under the rubber cover yet? It may be stuck. Warm motor sounds like it's getting power so it doesn't sound like a relay.

Yes, We tried rotating the wheel back and forth but still no luck If i try to twist it all the way up it stops at a certain point and wont go up and i tried turning the headlights on but still no luck :cry:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 am
Speed Limit Obeyer

sounds like something physically blocking the movement, get in there with a torch and see if anythings slipped in the path of any moving parts, my guess would be on the the hoses for the headlamp washers.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 pm
Webmaster

When bard says torch, he means a flashlight. I agree and I've heard of this. There is something in there that commonly drops or loosens that blocks the lights.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm
Granny Driver

the_bard wrote:
sounds like something physically blocking the movement, get in there with a torch and see if anythings slipped in the path of any moving parts, my guess would be on the the hoses for the headlamp washers.

Nothings physically blocking the bar the motor isnt warm anymore it seems as if it died we tried spinning the headlights up and down to see if the motor would do anything and when we try to spin it up it stops halfway :cry:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

refer to this diagram
haha but in all seriousness if you can't find anything wrong with it from casual observation, a tried and true method for getting things to move that should, is pull it apart clean it, lube any moving parts, bench test the motor under no load, reassemble, bench test the assy then reinstall. should only be a couple of hours work...

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:17 pm
Granny Driver

the_bard wrote:
refer to this diagram
haha but in all seriousness if you can't find anything wrong with it from casual observation, a tried and true method for getting things to move that should, is pull it apart clean it, lube any moving parts, bench test the motor under no load, reassemble, bench test the assy then reinstall. should only be a couple of hours work...

I'll take it apart and let you know what happens :geek:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 am
Granny Driver

Nope still didn't work any other ideas?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

hmm sounds like your in a bit of strife there :( ... ok ... so you said you had it dissassembled did you bench test the motor without load? because if that was working fine then there's definatly somthing blocking the movement, if the motor wasn't working, that's obviously your problem and you need to set about reconditioning that or getting a new one. also i really should have asked this first did you do a "idiot check" (fuses), sometimes it really is the simple things. let us know how you go and if this doesn't help maybe we can come up with more wacky ideas each more crazy than the last. :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 pm