It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:53 am

High intensity washer 
Speed Limit Obeyer

Post High intensity washer
Hey,
Never done a proper write up on this site so while i'm waiting on an order for my kempf tool i thought i'd fix my High intensity washer which has never worked. so here goes

the washer motor is situated underneath the front fender beneath the tank
the tank is removed by the two phillips heads then pull it gently to remove the input hose from the bottom. then remove the two 8mm bolts
and you can remove it from underneath. then unplug the connection and the output hose

simply remove the four 6mm bolts to dissassemble the motor,
the white plastic "gear" is press fitted on, just pull it gently.
then press the shaft down which will release the seal from the bottom,
remove the half impeller by pushing it out, the other one just lifts off.
check the motor, by touching wires attached to a 12 volt power supply, i used the battery on my bike because it's easier to access :). mine worked fine, if yours doesn't first clean the contacts with sandpaper and twist the rotor by hand (finger) and try again, if it still doesn't work using a small flat blade screwdriver carefully pry off the end cap and dissassemble, as much as you can clean up any electical contacts with sandpaper grease any moving parts and reassemble.

on reassembly of the pump, clean everything with a rag and water before putting it back together, dry and lightly grease the shafts. spin the gears by hand to make sure they turn freely. the pump will be resealed by the pressure on the rubber by the bolted down backing plate, check the motor on the power source again to make sure it turns with everything together and put it back in the car.

before reattaching the output hose it's worth priming it with a hose as the washer only does "bursts" rather than continious flow then push the button until it comes through, remember to wet your windscreen before doing this so as not to scratch it because the wipers will come on automatically.

i got the pump working just fine, however one of my check valves was broken and as i did this in the late afternoon nothing was open

one thing though what does one actually put in the tank? i was thinking of windex or some other window cleaning product.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 am
Webmaster

Post Re: High intensity washer
Great write up with pics. I need to tackle mine on the S.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 am
Speed Limit Obeyer

did you have any idea what to put in it? i can't seem to find any high intensity washer fluid and even if i could i'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg! like i said i was thinking windex

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 pm
Webmaster

I have no idea what goes in there. I was just going to use normal WW Fluid. Pretty sure they are for the extreme winter conditions in Germany. Hell, I get lucky if it rains twice a year in SoCal.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

haha, fair enough, i live in melbourne where it will be hot and dusty one minute then start spitting whcih means the screen is so dirty it's stupid! in my normal washer resivor i put a tiny bit of dish washing fluid and water which cleans the screen well and also keeps the nozzles from being clogged. i think i will just put windex in the other. it's pretty cheap does a good job of cleaning windows and it's blue so i'll be able to feel special when i push the little hidden button :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

There's a special fluid called silicone remover that's supposed to be used in the intensive washer system. Pelican sells the stuff:

silicone remover part# OEM-00004400093

It's supposed to be great at getting the smears off, like when your driving on the freeway, it's just starting to mist and when you hit the wipers it's not wet enough to get a clean swipe on the grime and bugs. The stuff's supposed to work a lot better than standard washer fluid. When you hit the button under the dash it shoots out a small amount onto the windshield only (intensive system is not tied into the headlight washers).

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:32 am
Speed Limit Obeyer

ahh ok, thanks i didn't know what i was looking for on PP thanks. to be honest i'll still probably go with the windex, the shipping from the states kills me haha, and it should do the same thing... or not.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 am