It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:42 am

Radio Replacement 
Granny Driver

Post Radio Replacement
Going to get the Factory radio and amp replaced soon any advice?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 am
Webmaster

Post Re: Radio Replacement
Just make sure it is single din and get the harness adapter for it. Make sure the back lighting will match your stock lighting. I did an Alpine in my Euro with hacked up wires by the previous owner. Hopefully your harness is still intact.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Just make sure it is single din and get the harness adapter for it. Make sure the back lighting will match your stock lighting. I did an Alpine in my Euro with hacked up wires by the previous owner. Hopefully your harness is still intact.

Everythings stock and intact nothings been tampered with. now if im going to hook up the radio, how do i get rid of these 2 devices.... there is one next to the passenger seat im guessing its the amp it says blaupunkt on it and then theres one in the collapsable tire storage in the back and the brand is audiovox... im trying to figure out how this is gonna work, oh and i wanna replace the speakers too

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:54 am
Webmaster

Well, it's obviously been tampered since you have Audiovox equipment in a German Car. If you rid the underpowered Blau Amp next to your Pass Seat, then your going to run wires. I actually ran all new wires from the Stereo to a Fosgate Amp behind my Pass Seat and hooked it up to the existing Speaker wires that go to the Door and Rear Speakers. It's not difficult, just take your time and be methodical. Post pics of the areas you are working with.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Well, it's obviously been tampered since you have Audiovox equipment in a German Car. If you rid the underpowered Blau Amp next to your Pass Seat, then your going to run wires. I actually ran all new wires from the Stereo to a Fosgate Amp behind my Pass Seat and hooked it up to the existing Speaker wires that go to the Door and Rear Speakers. It's not difficult, just take your time and be methodical. Post pics of the areas you are working with.

Really? the Audiovox looks stock but i will post pics soon!

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 am
Webmaster

Nope, Audiovox is a USA Company. No US made stuff on your 928. It was all German Blaupunkt.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Nope, Audiovox is a USA Company. No US made stuff on your 928. It was all German Blaupunkt.

Ok well heres pics

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:08 am
Webmaster

Wow, does look stock but still never heard of an Audiovox in a 928. What does that Coax plug go to? Does the Head unit work?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 am
Granny Driver

MPDano wrote:
Wow, does look stock but still never heard of an Audiovox in a 928. What does that Coax plug go to? Does the Head unit work?

Head unit works but when you touch the volume knob it gives a static sound, the coaxial cord goes straight to the fuse/relay box in the front

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 am
Webmaster

Well, in my opinion. Do what I did and only reuse the wiring that goes to the speakers from the Blau Amp. Get a nice single DIN Head unit, wire the always on power, ignition power, backlight, grounds etc to the harness adapter. I just use a simple test light to find the right wires. The run your output wires to an Amp of your choice and put it behind your Pass Seat. Then here you can wire the Amp Output to the Speakers. You should still have use of your Fader Knob next to the Drivers seat. Figure out what that Audiovox does and rid it.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am