It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 pm

oil pressure 
Speed Limit Obeyer

Post oil pressure
hey
i was having touble with my oil pressure gauge, it would jump strait to 5 bar on startup and stay there. i read somewhere this was probably the sender unit so i ordered a new one and replaced it, i cleaned out the spring piston thing above it which attaches it to the block (which was filthy btw) hooked everything up properly and started it. jumps strait up to 5 bar again however this time after about 20 mins of driving it starts to slowly drop and after more than half an hour it reads aprox 2 bar at idle in gear (which i assume is about normal) so what i'm wondering is is this normal? is it just due to the quantity of oil in the big engine and the type i'm using (5W50 penrite fully synthetic) that it takes so long for the pressure to come down?
also on cruise 100km/h about 2200 rpm it's sitting just below 5 bar.
cheers

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm
Webmaster

Post Re: oil pressure
That usually means the wires are crossed. Mine were that way, just switch the wires and retest.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

no unfortunatly that was the first thing i tried, started the car, oil pressure warning lights flashing alarms ringing president on the phone screaming for my blood. (not really)
i think i might pull the pod and clean all the contacts and maybe lube the pin that holds the needle. might do the speedo while i'm at it i notice it gets stuck somtimes and won't register until i get to about 50 km/h then it jumps up....
i'll let you know how i go
thanks

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:48 am
Speed Limit Obeyer

Clean the grounds.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 am