It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:01 am

camera tricks? 
Speed Limit Obeyer

Post camera tricks?
HELLO GUYS. I recieved a new dig camera for christmas and now I have to figure out how to get pix from the camera to this web site so I can post some shots of my nice little 83. Is there anywhere on this fine site that could coach me on this? I'm not a very good tech in this area. Also took the car on my first long dive wich was a real pleasure. The only thing that ruined it was alot of wind noise. Seems to be comming from the area where the dash meets the window. I know the PO had replaces the screen and maybe not sealed verry well. Oh.. the 4.7 l-jet climbs the steep grades here in northen Az without even breaking a sweat!!. Thanks for all the help I've recieve on this site in the past.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Post Re: camera tricks?
Well...
Do you know how to download the pictures from your camera onto your computer? That would be step one.

Next, you need to learn how to re-size them to 800 x 600 or at most 1024 x 768, any larger and the pictures will be too large for fit comfortably on most people's monitors.

Next, create a new post such as this one you created. If you look below the text box you typed in there is a section labeled "Upload attachment". Click on the Browse... button and look for your re-sized picture on your computer. Once you find it, click Open and you'll be back to the posting screen. Click the "Add the file" button and it will upload the picture to the site, however, you are not done yet.

If you Submit the post at this point, the picture will show up as an attachment in your post. Sometimes this is all you want to do. If however, you want the picture to show up "inline" with the text of your post, you must click on "Place inline" next to the picture name listed in the Attachments section.

Hope this helps...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm
Webmaster

Glen has the instructions spot on. I normally resize any of my images I put on forums to 1000 pixels.

Welcome to boards by the way. I too am a proud new owner of a 1983 "S."

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:47 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

Thanks to both RMGST and MPDANO. your both good guys. I,m just an old retired guy and technically behind the times. I do at least know how to download and resize pix and I'll try your suggestions. MPDANO congtats on the '83. If i can figure this out maybe we can compare photos. Are you in socal?. maybe a trip is in order! Do you have pics on the web site yet?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:59 pm
Webmaster

Will have pics here soon. Keep visiting. Yup, in San Diego. U?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:12 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

I'm in the controversial state of Arizona, Prescott to be exact. I don't own a gun by the way. Some day I'd like to meet up with some 928r's and there tain't very many around here

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

Doesnt it suck when you read you'r own posts and see the poor spelling.. ouch!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 pm
Webmaster

I was just there over the holidays (Phoenix) visiting relatives.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

MPDano. Areyou The famouse Leo? Is that your pale gold 83 i've seen over on rennlist? Love the colour and I think you can get good buck$ for those wheels up in da "hood".

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 pm
Webmaster

rcrone928 wrote:
MPDano. Areyou The famouse Leo? Is that your pale gold 83 i've seen over on rennlist? Love the colour and I think you can get good buck$ for those wheels up in da "hood".

Yup, dat be me. Except I don't roll on Bannlist. You must be talking about Pelican BBS. I have to rid those rims fast. Trying to get the Offset and Bolt Pattern so i can sell them.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 pm