It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 am

Dublin Intro. 
Granny Driver

Post Dublin Intro.
Hello from Drogheda, near Dublin in the Republic of Ireland!!! :burnout:

I am delighted to announce I have just bought my first ever 928 !!! Its an '87 S4 in Guards Red and is in reasonable condition but on her way back to life again having been for sale with a friend of mine (dealer) unused, unloved for a few years. I have owned many Porsches and would be well known in the circles here in Ireland but always with 911's before... My last car (just sold :cry: ) being a concours 1979 930 that I lovingly restored over 3 years. I have promised myself I wouldn't spend a fortune on this 928 as.... well.... frankly... times aren't what they used to be! In my 3 weeks of ownership, I've already forgotten that promise and am splashing the cash.... Oops....

I dont need to tell you guys but these 928's.... They are seriously good cars for the money and frankly hope most 911 nuts like me dont catch on to their brilliance for a while anyway.... Delighted to now own one and to have found this forum. I've a few questions but for now - I'll stop at this intro! :driving:

Regards

John (aka Whippy)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:44 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

Post Re: Dublin Intro.
Welcome :)

Now post some pics of that S4!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 pm
Granny Driver

Thanks for the welcome man - Here she is-

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm
Speed Limit Obeyer

Welcome Whippy,you will not regret getting the 928.It is the thinking mans Porsche!

Kurt

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Webmaster

Wow, very nice! Red Piping on the Interior too.

Welcome to the board!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 am
Granny Driver

Top o' the morning to ya fellow IRL plate owner. That's a nice shiney 928 that is. The taxman appreciates your contribution to his kids college fund I'm sure.

I lurk down in Maynooth

Dec :o)

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 am
Granny Driver

Howya horse!

Are you in the P club in Ireland? Maynooth - ya must know Tom McLoughlin (Tosh) do you? He's in leixlip.

Re the tax man - ah... sure she's only out the odd time... ;)

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 pm
Granny Driver

Haven't joined the club yet - have had bad experiences with car clubs in the past - other marques, where folk refused to join the committee, but give out about the lads who do etc. I went out to a mondello day recently - met a few from the club - one very nice chap with a metallic black LHD 928. Took a heap of photos and then broke down on the way home (electrics).

I have heard tell of a legendary figure dwelling in Leixlip with a wee cluster of 928s but as yet haven't discovered his lair. My baby is in with the Auto electrician as we speak ... fingers and toes crossed. Very nearly bought number 2 last night.

Dec

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:12 am
Granny Driver

Yep - tell me all about lads giving out but not taking part - I'm on the PCI committee.... It is a very good club though and everyone is very down to earth and gets along great. It was Mike Dunnion you spoke to at our track day on Good Friday - believe it or not he has no less than 5 928's - including 2 x beautiful GTS's (one manual/one auto) he's a great man to know for spares and particularly electrical issues. He's actually written a buyers guide too.

We have a very active forum too - google Porsche Club Ireland forum and you'll find it, you dont have to be a member of the PCI to join and its a relaxed place to hang out. I'm an admin on there and am called whippy there too!

We must organise a 928 owners drive soon, the one from wheeler dealers (mike brewer/ed china) is owned and resides in Galway now, there's me, mike, his son, Simon Deane, one in waterford, Tom McLoughlin (leixlip), yourself in Maynooth. We wondered recently how many were in Ireland and guestimated the figure at 20 cars... What you think?

Talk soon!

Whippy.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 am
Granny Driver

Hi John. I know there's a dark blue mid nineties one lurking around Merrion Square in Dublin sometimes, also I spotted a super shiney red 928 on Nordy plates - with teledials, a couple of months back in Donnybrook. There was a metallic green one on DoneDeal in Rathcoole - went for 3 or 4K too a while back. They are rare enough beasties, a convoy of even 5 would look amazing.

My one needs ongoing attention - would really benefit from a re-spray, but I love it as it is - Mike saw it at Mondello and from brief inspection gave it the thumbs up - I nearly fainted when he said he had 5. He gave me a lift across the track to the paddock, I kinda loast track of him after that - got caught up taking pictures and mopping up drool. I'll dig up some pics of the mondello day.

dunno if you saw my pics

http://tinyurl.com/62dof7r - my buddy in the 924 is always up for an outing.

I'll go and look at the PCI site again and see if I can upload some pics.

Dec

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:25 am